Calculator and Option Spreads

samedi 28 février 2015

Two general questions.



I’m going to get my calculator within the next few days. Which ones are recommended?



What functions am I looking for that some of the expensive ones will have and the cheaper ones won’t?



In FM having a financial calculator was very helpful to solve for YTM in some tricky cases. For this exam the only features I think that would be useful to have are the sample SD functions. Am I missing anything?



I’m not concerned with price. I’m just going to return my calculator the day after the exam.



Next:



Some of the sample questions I’ve encountered have required that I be fluent in the language of option spreads (bear, bull, straddle, etc.). This has made me nervous as I thought I previously read that the SOA will make it very clear what the strategy consists of (i.e. instead of saying straddle they will say buy a call and a put with same underlying, same strike, and same expiry). DO I need to memorize this added information? Or should I be good without it.



Thanks!





Calculator and Option Spreads

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor