Question about titles

vendredi 27 février 2015

I have a silly question.



So at my last company there was a level below actuarial analyst, and sometime while I was there I got promoted to it, and when I transferred to my current company I retained the title but got a pay bump that would be close to what a newly minted ACAS/FCAS would have made at my last company. So I feel like I'm being paid well but I have an underwhelming title, and will probably stay there until I get to Associate Actuary since I'm just one exam away. I'm not sure if there is a title in between Associate Actuary and Actuarial Analyst. I had another offer at another company for a "Senior Actuarial Analyst" position but I turned it down.



My question is will it hurt my career if I start sending out my resume and employers find out that I have 4 years of experience and I'm still just an Actuarial Analyst? Does the underwhelming title hinder me? Or will they take my current skill level and pay and match whatever it is at the new company? I would like to be a Director or VP in the near future with a handful of reports. Or would it look better if I had a fancier title like Senior Actuary? I personally think titles don't matter much, I view everyone who doesn't manage people at pretty much the same level of authority, but other people may differ.



Love,



Colonel Smoothie





Question about titles

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor