does getting a master from reputable university help a lot in securing the first Job?

mercredi 25 février 2015

I graduated from a Malaysian university and have been searching for an actuarial job for almost 8 months but still get nothing. Entry level actuarial jobs are very very limited here and I'm competing with so many people who graduated from Malaysia or overseas university. So the chances are very very small. Besides, the pay is not as good as in the USA. But time waits noone, I have to make a decision instead of just waiting.



Here are several possible options of mine. Would anyone please provide me with some suggestions or opinions on it?



1. Aim for enrolling in a 1-year Master degree program in Statistics in any reputable university(probably National University of Singapore or any equivalence uni in asia as I'm financialy unable to fund my tuition fees if I'm going to do it in the USA or Canada) after 2 years. This means I'm going to put down my want for an actuarial job first and get any jobs i can get even it is totally irrelevant to statistics or actuarial, then save as much as possible in this 2 years and borrow the remaining from my parent to fund the tuition fees. If the plan goes well, I wish I will be able to at least get a decent entry level actuarial job in these big cities such as Hong Kong or Singapore after graduated(will be 27 that time with zero experience) and start building up my career from there. What do you all think about getting a master degree from reputable university? Is it going to help ease my job searching process? Is it even possible for me to apply for vacancies in the USA with such qualifications? Does it worth it to spend all I have to get a master? I'm afraid that I still get nothing am not better off after that.



2. Just ditch actuarial science and choose another area?





does getting a master from reputable university help a lot in securing the first Job?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor