Major in Computer Science

mardi 14 octobre 2014

Humblebrag on reddit disguised as a thread asking for financial advice:


Quote:








Originally Posted by Reddit Humblebrag

Hi, I'm about to graduate with an engineering degree and was fortunate enough to land a software engineering job in NYC (I'll be 22 when I graduate).



Because of my signing bonus ($75k lump sum), my total compensation for my first year will be about $215k, but thereafter should be about $140k+ annually, but some of this is in equity which starts vesting one year in (base salary + target performance bonuses ~= $115k annually).



I play to live with my parents in NJ and commute to work until I pay off my loans. My employer will also feed me and pay for my phone and gym, so my biggest cost of living will be transportation (~$400 a month for public transport).



This is what I roughly figure for the first year:



215k in gross income

- ~60k in taxes

- ~5k for transportation

- ~7k traditional 401(k) contribution matched by employer



Leaves 143k to pay off my loans (which have 9% interest). Am I being realistic?



I recognize that, despite being $150k in debt, I'm in a relatively fortunate position, but I'm still feeling a bit overwhelmed, so any advice would be much appreciated!




http://ift.tt/1r7C5IZ





Major in Computer Science

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor