Stuck on choosing the right company

dimanche 12 octobre 2014

I know everyone has their own values and priorities, with that said, I'd be glad to hear what you think.



Where I'm at: two offers for entry-level position. I've negotiated the same salary from both companies, benefit package are comparable. Recent grad. A California resident and lover.



Company A: (better financially)

Cons:

-It's southeast. Never been. I'll always think about coming back to CA.

-Humidity, ice...etc

-Been reading A LOT about the culture of the city, don't think it's my piece of pie.

Pros:

-enjoyed talking with all my interviewers on the phone; all are nice and affable; -My boss will be my friend who's also very nice and professional;

-Low cost of living. Could be easy for me to save money, pay off my debt. Live in better apartment with half of what it costs here.

-I THINK I can learn a wider spectrum of things in this company



Company B:

Cons:

-While many are very nice, some coworkers-to-be came across as indifferent at the interview, which I can understand because they probably know that they have little say in the hiring decision. It's up to the bosses.

-At least double the rent. Can say goodbye to saving up for a while. (I don't have an extravagant lifestyle, and would like to know if shit happens to me I'd have financial backup)

-Study reimbursement doesn't kick in until half a year working for the company

Pros:

-CALIFORNIA!! Beach, sunshine, and beach! More comfortable here

-Higher employee discount on stocks...for however much that matters, since I don't know if I'll have money left for stocks



My friend/could-be-boss did say during the offer that they have an office in CA and if I'm interested and good in the future there's a possibility for a transfer. I didn't dig too much on this subject because I don't want to sound like I'm not enthusiastic about working in his office, which I am.



Location vs work environment & finance, really





Stuck on choosing the right company

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor