What We Know About Successful Bodybuilders

lundi 9 septembre 2013

What We Know About Successful Bodybuilders



The following statements are true for nearly every successful bodybuilder I’ve ever met.



They are consistent.

Every successful bodybuilder I’ve ever met has been training for an extended period of time. They have remained consistent for 5, 10, 15 and even 20 years. They rarely miss workouts, or scheduled meals for that matter.



They are strong.

While most of these bodybuilders will tell you, I don’t train for strength, they are inhumanly strong. Pound for pound, most of them give me a run for the money in the strength department. I have never met a weak, successful bodybuilder.



They evolve their training.

Each of these athletes has a very distinctive form of training that suits them, and only them. They have meticulously evolved their training over the years to fit their specific needs and weaknesses.



They embrace the hard exercises.

One of the questions I ask most top bodybuilders is, what are your top 3 exercises for mass? 90% of them respond with squats, deadlifts and the bench press. Some prefer front squats over squats, and many prefer incline bench presses over bench presses. Each of these lifts is hard, and is certainly not avoided.



They don’t guess.

When it comes to meal plans, top bodybuilders don’t guess. You don’t hear them say “I think I am eating X amount of calories or Y grams of protein.” They know exactly what goes into their bodies.





They supplement heavily.

I know this sounds like a sales pitch, but it’s the truth. I swear I’m not trying to sell you a thing. While each of these athletes will be the first to tell you that food supplements aren’t magic pills and powders, at least 95% of the bodybuilders I’ve met use 4-10 different supplements a day, or more.



Someone is likely to call BS on this, but I assure you it’s a reality. These guys take every small advantage they can get. If you don’t believe me, go ask a top natural pro yourself.



They eat frequently.

Yes, they eat frequently. I understand that as of late intermittent fasting has become an extremely popular option in the muscle building world. I’m certainly not trying to bash the fasting community by revealing the truth about how these guys eat. It is what it is.



99% of the successful bodybuilders I’ve met eat 5, 6, 7 or 8 times a day. The only bodybuilder I’ve personally met who doesn’t eat this often is Layne Norton. I believe he eats 3-4 times a day.



They are gray.

Gray? Yes, gray. Nearly every top bodybuilder knows that there are few black and white answers in the world of muscle building and nutrition. What works for one guy might not work for another. They understand that most questions have gray answers, not black or white solutions.





via World Class Bodybuilding Forum http://www.worldclassbodybuilding.com/forums/f482/what-we-know-about-successful-bodybuilders-135512/

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor