Self-Imposed Diet Restrictions

mercredi 28 janvier 2015

Hi AO,



I don't eat red meat. I haven't eaten it in, 7 years maybe? It originally started as a try at vegetarianism. I was 300 pounds and I figured it would make me lose weight. Well, I did, but it's hard for a college kid to afford a healthy, interesting vegetarian diet.



So I added fish. That got expensive, though, and who honestly wants fish every day? I then arrived at what finally was sustainable: I just don't eat red meat. Chicken, turkey, that's all good.



It's second nature to me now, but it baffles people I know. "Don't you miss burgers?" Maybe a little, but turkey burgers are just as good, when made right. Turkey franks, and sausage. Chicken and pineapple pizza. Yum. "How do you get your vitamins? (or protein?)" ...really? Read a book.



White meat tends to be leaner, and tends to be found in less-caloric dishes. Okay, I'm a little afraid my body will have no clue how to digest ground beef anymore.



The most annoying thing: I tell people I don't eat beef, and they nod understandingly because they think it's a religious thing. It's not!



What about y'all?





Self-Imposed Diet Restrictions

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor