How were you feeling 3 years into the field?

mardi 30 décembre 2014

I am stepping into my third year in a P&C firm and am reflecting a bit (and setting some work-related new year resolutions). I had no prior experience when I first started, so naturally I have "learned a lot" in the past 3 years. I was off to a slow start in year one, but have came to learn different actuarial methods for reserving and pricing. That said when I see the knowledge of other actuarial students (exam candidates with similar work experience as I) on the AO or in rare occasions when I get to speak to others outside of work, I find myself knowing very little beyond the basics. The basics/fundamentals that I do know, I don't know them inside out.



I have been more determined recently to put more thoughts into my work, and to expand my knowledge by reading more actuarial literature both to learn and to motivate myself. Hopefully my determination will continue; otherwise I may soon find actuarial work to be entirely meaningless and will merely be going through the process when working.



Anyway, I am wondering what others have accomplished three years into their first actuarial position. Did you find yourself starting much stronger? Did you feel unaccomplished the same way that I did?





How were you feeling 3 years into the field?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor