Actuarial jobs to become obsolete?

dimanche 28 septembre 2014

Hello. I read recently that something like 30% of jobs will become obsolete by 2030, mostly replaced by software and robots. My question is, how susceptible is the actuary profession to technological advancements? I ask this also because my younger brother is a software engineer for a reinsurance company and he tells me they do not have any actuaries. Plus what is it with State Farm? I type "actuary" in their job search field and nothing comes up. (I see that the obsolescence question has been asked in the past, in a 2001 and 2008 thread, but I think it might be good to revisit it.)



I passed exam P last May and I am planning to sign up for FM soon, and would like to know if it is worth all the trouble of going through the exam process. I've already made the mistake of jumping through the wrong hoops once; I got my PhD in math in 2008 (Notre Dame) and since then I've been working 1-year contract teaching positions, going from one school to the next. Getting a tenure-track position in academia is very difficult, at least at the more decent schools. For example, rejection letters typically say, "We're sorry, but we had 500 other applicants..."





Actuarial jobs to become obsolete?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor