Regarding Limited Fluctuation Credibility: Poisson Frequency

samedi 27 septembre 2014

Hi,



I'm working on ADAPT practice exams and this problem came up. I would be very grateful if someone could please help me understand this problem. My question simply regards at the bolded sentences:





The full credibility standard has been selected so that actual aggregate losses will be within k% of expected aggregate losses p% of the time.



Consider the limited fluctuation full credibility standard for each of the followings:



I. The number of claims has a Poisson distribution and the claim size has a gamma distribution with \alpha>1.



II. The number of claims has a Poisson distribution and the claim size has an exponential distribution.



III. The number of claims has a Poisson distribution and the claim size has a Pareto distribution with \alpha>2.



Rank the limited fluctuation full credibility standard in ascending order.





the solution compares each one's full credibility standard, in terms of NUMBER OF LOSSES. But I don't get that: shouldn't the credibility standards be expressed in terms of AGGREGATE LOSSES, i.e. expected number of claims * expectation of severity? If I'm wrong, could someone tell me what wording in this problem indicates expected numbers? Please help!





Regarding Limited Fluctuation Credibility: Poisson Frequency

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor