Taking over Medicare/Medicaid Program

mardi 30 septembre 2014

About 3 months ago our company hired an Actuary to be in charge of our Medicare/Medicaid program (do a bunch of reporting, analysis, and forecasting). The Actuary was on the other side of the country (full time telecommuter). She reported directly to the CFO. It didn't work out for various reasons, and she's put in her notice.



So now my boss is asking me to take over the Medicare/Medicaid program (I have almost been here 2 years - this is my first actuarial job). I agreed to this because I think it will be a good learning experience. Also, we are a small enough department that I'm not worried about being pigeonholed into only one line of business. I will still be doing the monthly reserving/IBNR reports, among other things. We would hire another full time employee to take over most of my other tasks.



I was just wondering, is there anything that the AO thinks I should know about this line of business? I've dealt with it before, but only enough to know the basics.



To be honest my main reason for posting this is probably just to get it off my chest. It has not been officially announced that the telecommuting Actuary is leaving yet, and my boss asked me not to tell anyone. This means that I can't (yet) discuss the shift in workload this will cause (at least until we hire someone else) with anyone.





Taking over Medicare/Medicaid Program

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor