Character fields in SAS slowing down the program etc

dimanche 28 septembre 2014

I'm relatively new to SAS. I'm working with a data set and need to get a memo field in the data to keep track of any adjustments being made to a particular policy and field along the way. It has to be big because each field can have multiple comments added into it. Right now I"m setting it at the begining of the process to be a few hundred characters long, which immediately blows up the size of the data set, and generally slows down the program. This occurrs even if I set the field to "" immediately. What is the best way to do what I'm trying to do? Basically I need:





1.a field big enough to accept whatever size comments needed

2.that somehow doesn't slow down the program and blow up the size of the data sets





Like I said I'm new so hopefully there's something obvious.





Character fields in SAS slowing down the program etc

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor