Concerned about exposure to dental x-rays?

lundi 30 mars 2015

My new dentist seems x-ray happy. For example, I got a new crown and they have this little x-ray 'gun' that looks just like a bull horn and fire it up a few times to make sure the crown is 'seated' correctly, and to test the 'margins'. Sometimes they don't quite get the right image so they just fire it up again. They put that lead vest on me which makes me think there's enough radiation to be concerned about and since they are aiming it right at my head and there's no lead vest for my brain I'm worried I'm getting too much exposure.



I've noticed that the technician doesn't leave the room like they used to (she can't cuz the thing is hand held) and doesn't wear any lead vest herself so that makes me think that maybe dental x-rays advanced so much that there's really nothing to be concerned about and they just put that lead vest on me for show.



What say the AO?



tl;dnr: see thread title





Concerned about exposure to dental x-rays?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor