Phone interview issues

mardi 31 mars 2015

So today I had a phone interview and I don't think it ended well. I was given the typical questions that every phone screen would have (what do you know about the company, why do you want to be an actuary, and tell me about yourself). I felt OK with these questions, but I think I needed to be a little more organized with my answers. The 3 bad questions that I think ruined it for me were these:



1. What were your marks?

I scored a 6 on every passed exam, and I feel like that was a red flag for them.



2. How many attempts did you take for each test and why did you fail the ones you failed.



I told the recruiter I took 1 attempt on P/1 and 2 on FM/2 and MFE/3F. I explained why I think I failed those two exams with "My first exam was FM and I underestimated how much I needed to study, I failed MFE because I gave myself 1 month after passing P to study and underestimated how much harder MFE was compared to P."



3. Why did I not take more attempts while in college? Do I regret not doing this?



Basically because I entered college with 40 credits, most in math and I was taking advanced math classes / graduate courses starting Freshman year. Taking an actuary exam during this would have been fatal to my GPA or a guaranteed fail for the exams.

I said I did not regret taking the graduate courses because it gave me a stronger background in mathematics. (no real analysis jokes please).





4. How are you with your current job search?



I really had no idea how to answer this. It wasn't my first interview, but it was for an actuarial position. So I just told them I've had some interviews from other companies.



Summary:

I didn't expect those 4 questions at all. Are these common phone interview questions?





Phone interview issues

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor