Should I read what the society requirements are, or just pass more exams?

dimanche 29 mars 2015

Preface: I have searched on google and here and did not find a similar thread even though I'm sure there are some, so if somebody has a link I'll gladly move on from this one and go there



--



Second preface: probably going to be random and out of order



I'm fairly certain I'd want to end up in the CAS as I'm a casualty adjuster currently and have been working in an auto claims department for 16 months, and so I already have that career path kind of open to me. Then again, are we going to have auto claims in 10 years with 80% of people in driverless cars (or is this a topic for another thread? :) )



I passed my first exam earlier today, and was looking at the requirements of both societies, I had previously looked and thought there were 9 exams to be a fully accredited fellow, but apparently there are more than 9 and some just don't have a number?



http://ift.tt/1BTa6BR



So there are 9 exams required to be an associate, but for some reason 3 don't have numbers?



- Regarding VEE, I believe I only have 1 of the 3 done as I did the Applied Statistical Method courses as an undergrad, but I don't think I have either of the other 2. Do I just sign up for some Univerity of Phoenix night course online for these 2, and then take the official CAS courses and professionalism class at some point as well?



- What does being an associate actually mean? Is it required to move into a certain level of position? Does it merit a huge pay increase? I guess I'm used to a BS, Masters, PHD, and don't understand what an associate, fellow, or cera means



- Should I even be concerned about any of this at this point, or just focus on passing FM and at that point hopefully I land a job somewhere and have my boss explain it to me?



- And just so I have the peace of mind, we never have to take a prior exam we passed ever again, correct?



Thanks





Should I read what the society requirements are, or just pass more exams?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor