daily tasks of an Entry level Actuarial assistant/analyst the first year?

samedi 18 avril 2015

For an entry level assistant/analyst, what exactly are their daily duties the first 1 to 2 years?? Do they start off with programming, analysis, graphs, trends, modeling right away, or is it more of basic spreadsheets and sql output, and then gradually move to 'analysis and coding' once they get to the associate level?



The only reason I ask is because I'm currently an analyst for a P&C company, and I'm curious how relevant my experience are once I try to move to actuarial (and if it's not, I want to find a way to get more relevant experience).



My current role is 85% report updating. We have a lot of complex reports that needs to be updated weekly, monthly, quarterly, but all the queries and macros were already built, so most of the time, I either just need to change the date on a query, or I just follow a set of written instructions.



The rest of the time, I would help my project manager with pulling data. So for example, if she wants to do a rate change, I would do some quotes against competitors, put it in a nice spreadsheet so she can see where we stand.



As of now, there aren't a lot of 'complex programming or data manipulation' involved. I use lookups a lot, IF statements, put stuff in pivots, and write up basic queries to pull data (maybe less than 50 lines), but's really nothing glamourous or impressive(in my opinion).





daily tasks of an Entry level Actuarial assistant/analyst the first year?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor