Technical Skills Interview

samedi 18 avril 2015

Okay, so I had an interview and the guy wants to bring me back for a "computer skills test". He says they want to challenge me and this kind of scares the crap out of me, because I think they expect me to have more advanced knowledge than I actually have.



The interview is for some sort of new open ended analyst position. I'm not even sure if it's technically an actuarial position; it's some data analyst position here with the government. He just basically said that they have huge amounts of data and they want to make sense of it and make projections.



The job sounds very interesting to me. They want me to have "advanced knowledge" of excel, and they also want me to be familiar with Access, SQL, and VBA. I hinted that I didn't know VBA very well. He also mentioned PowerPivot in excel, and it's an add-on that I can't get on my current version. I'll have to tell him that I've never used PowerPivot.



Anyway, I'm reasonably decent with "advanced excel functions" and feel that I could practice enough to be prepared. I'm going to blast through an online SQL course to refresh my skills. Does anybody know a good resource for Access? I did use the TIA course (and I'll go through it again), but I found that it didn't teach me much.



Last, but not least. Lately, I've been severely sleep-deprived. First, it was jet-lag (which always kills me), then it was a stressful event which affected my sleep. I've been so sleep deprived that I feel my mind going to mush. Can only get a few hours a night. I want to postpone the interview. Is it a bad idea to postpone?





Technical Skills Interview

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor