Old Folks on the AO.... when we were young(er)

dimanche 19 avril 2015

I was looking for a post about something else on my livejournal, and I came across this:



http://ift.tt/1J1ksbG




Quote:










I cannot get enough of people smacking each other around at The Rebel Outpost.



Latest fun exchange:

24fan: Leave it to Westley (Mr. "I'll steal an old woman's pension as long as I gets paid") to recommend firing people.



To get you back for calling me a dick .... Westley, people like you are cockroaches and this forum is your roach motel, where you will spend the rest of eternity. What a great service this forum performs, keeping you out of society.



Elisha: Get a job in the actuarial field and be there for at least 6 months - then you can start talking smack.



(24fan has been talking crap all over the place, and getting smacked down each time. I think the moderators think he's too much fun to ban. Westley gave very good advice about when it's a good idea to fire an employee. Westley has employees, so he's got experience in this field; 24fan has got bupkus when it comes to job experience.)



I didn't remember any of this at all.



and this:

http://ift.tt/1aJmqyt




Quote:








Bitch fight!

I love a good bitch-slapping on the actuarial boards. Here's a quote from one thread:

Person A: I fail to understand what point that makes.



Person B: That's because you're denser than iridium and your college education failed you.



(Yes, there's more meat to it than that, mainly someone trying to point out you won't find actuarial jobs by looking at Monster.com. There aren't that many actuarial-types out there, so almost all actuarial jobs are posted through recruiters. Once you get to a certain level, they contact =you=, not vice versa. I'm not even credential yet, and I'm getting calls.)









Old Folks on the AO.... when we were young(er)

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor