Why is buying a new car so difficult?

vendredi 17 avril 2015

I usually buy used, but used car prices are so high relative to new (thanks, Cash for Clunkers!) that this time I decided to buy new.



I go to the dealer, they quote me a trade-in value (I thought a bit low, but my car is a beater, so even +/- 20% is not a huge deal, so I agree). Then we negotiate a price on a new car. I'm thinking, wow that was easy. I literally have a pen in my hand to sign and the salesperson says "because we gave you such a great price on the car, we can't honor the trade-in quote." I leave. Next day, salesperson calls me, "When are you coming to pick up your car?" WTF?



Go to the site of a dealer a friend recommended. There's a car I like with an "internet price" of $X for an automatic and a button that says "confirm this price." I go through the process, get back an email for $(X+1500) for a manual transmission. WTF?



Talk to a salesperson. He tells me he has a car for $X. "It's an automatic?" "Yes." "It really is $X. You are not wasting my time driving out there for a car that doesn't exist?" "No" "I'm taking my checkbook. I'm ready to buy THIS car." "OK" I get there. "The car is gone. I have this other car for $(X+2000). WTF? And FU!





Why is buying a new car so difficult?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor