Lousiest Albums From Bands You Like

vendredi 17 avril 2015

Here are some of the lousiest albums from musical acts I like or liked at one time. Feel free to add yours.



“Inarticulate Speech of The Heart,” Van Morrison, 1983. Van the Man is one of the greatest musical artists around. But this ’83 release combined a slew of sub-par songs with a muddled, cheesy, 80’s techno-synthesizer sound to produce an experience that left many fans wishing he’d sat that one out. Hey Van, the 80’s sound was for 20-somethings with weirdo hairdos, not aging Irish soul singers with too much time on their hands. Even the greats make a misstep sometimes.



“American Dream,” Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young, 1988. As if their bumbling 1985 appearance at Live Aid weren’t embarrassing enough, this pathetic album left me wanting to murder every aging, overweight hippie I saw. Neil Young says he goes where the music takes him, even if it’s in the ditch. In this case it was an overflowing cesspool, and the a-hole dragged the rest of us along with him. Boo hiss!



“Rattle and Hum,” U2, 1988 or 1989, can’t remember and would prefer to forget. I no longer care for or listen to U2, but when I was a wee lad in the 80’s I liked them. That began to change when this screechy piece of shite came out. Hey wankers, sometimes ideas that sound real good late at night over a beer don’t work out too well in the light of day, which is something that this tired, pompous album never should have seen. I need to avoid slender, sharp objects if the live version of “I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For” from this disc should come on, as ripping apart my ear drums seems preferable to enduring a single, off-key, self-righteous note from this torture track.



Those are mine. What are yours?





Lousiest Albums From Bands You Like

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor