Advice Needed: 3 years experience and unemployed

vendredi 29 août 2014

Situation:



I have recently become unemployed. I have 3 years of actuarial experience. I am a couple exams away from ACAS. I don't have programming experience, though I have a lot of excel and access experience. I went to a good college and got a good GPA. I've had many interviews and I've received compliments from interviewers regarding my communication skills. I have done many phone interviews and have done several in-person interviews, but I have received no job offers. I think the main problem is that I did not develop and amass enough knowledge during my 3 years of working, so my knowledge level is not as good relative to other candidates with 3 years of experience. This happened because I was not as fully developed a person as I am now, it was my first job, and there was an awkward work structure. I feel that I am now a strong candidate, just not strong with respect to my knowledge level. If I were to begin again as an entry level, I'd do great.



Is it possible that my actuarial career is doomed because I don't have the knowledge necessary for positions requiring my experience level or greater, and yet I have too many years of experience to be considered for positions in the entry-level realm? Thoughts like, "I'm screwed" are starting to swirl in my head, which makes me depressed.



Thoughts are appreciated!!



Thank you.





Advice Needed: 3 years experience and unemployed

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor