Help me pick out a computer

samedi 29 novembre 2014

Too lazy to do the research myself, and maybe there are people here who know a lot about this anyway.



I and my husband only have one (very old) laptop between us. The laptop is XP and Ubuntu dual boot. We each already have tablets. I find the tablet too small and distracting to study off of, and don't want to hog the one computer we have.



A laptop is preferable due to space constraints, however if there is a convincing argument for a desktop I will consider it.



I want to be practical, stable and yet preferably very affordable.



First of all, it is likely one of us might have to look for a job. A lot of online applications require uploading word doc resumes. Open office, googledocs etc are neat, but the formatting will be messed up between different programs. We will need windows for that. Also we may like to play simple games (no 3D shooters), and I couldn't get amazon prime to work on ubuntu, so I am thinking we need windows on the thing. The laptop we have with the windows may be enough, unless it dies on us. It has battery problems. We replaced the battery and the charger, still has issues. I am thinking it is old and dying on us.



How about a used desktop with windoze and then maybe a chromebook or something in addition? Anybody try chromebooks?



Other suggestions?





Help me pick out a computer

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor