Should I tell the truth?

mardi 25 novembre 2014

I will be starting a job search in the near future, but there is one thing that I am concerned about and not really sure how to handle when I start interviewing.



I'm going to be a bit vague with my background info:

-I worked at 1 company for 2<t<5 years

-I have passed between 2&5 exams, only passing 1 exam during my working years.

-Although my exam progress was not stellar, I always received good performance reviews at work and always got the impression that I was a competent employee from my supervisors.



After a few years at this job, I decided to leave for personal reasons.



Since leaving, I have passed another exam. By the time I start interviewing for another position, I will have a 6-8 month gap in my resume since my last job.



I anticipate that when I start interviewing, I will get some questions about why I left my last job and have that gap in my resume, and I will probably get some questions about why I did not have good exam progress while I was working.



The truthful answer to these questions is that I was severely depressed during this time. I have improved GREATLY since then and I am in a MUCH better mental state then I was when I left my job. Now that I look back on myself, I am surprised that I lasted as long as I did. I was very very depressed during that time period - due to a bunch of things in my personal life. I was just in a very very dark place. At the time that I left my job, I was not really thinking of anything else...I just knew that my condition would get worse if things continued as they were, and I came to the conclusion that I needed to step away from things for a little while.



I don't regret this decision...I am much better off mentally than I was then and I believe it was the right thing to do for my health. But, I really am not sure how I would explain this during an interview.



Am I just overthinking things too much? Should I tell the truth if interviewers ask me about my lack of exam progress and the gap in my resume? Is there a better way to handle this?





Should I tell the truth?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor