Wanting to hear from people that switched tracks, just curious how it's worked.
Where were you in exams/experience?
How did it impact your comp?
Why?
From what (life, health, pension, P&C) to what?
Glad you did or not?
I'm particularly interested in comments from switchers on how late is too late to switch. That (and the whole thread) comes from the discussion at: http://ift.tt/1q1Qqgk
Any other general comments on switching are welcome.
My experience:
I started in consulting a long time ago. Didn't really "get it" - I was more of a math major who stumbled into actuarial without really having any idea why actuarial work was valued or useful, so I was very "oh, you want me to run that program, so I'll run that program". Position wasn't really going anywhere (not solely because of my own cluelessness), so I was looking for something else; and since I was only a year into my career, I sent my resume pretty broadly. While I had offers in the same track as I was in, I ultimately took one that involved a switch. While it put me back a few exams, I didn't take a salary hit; the offers were all comparable, regardless of track.
I'll probably bump this next week so it gets seen, but feel free to comment now anyway.
Where were you in exams/experience?
How did it impact your comp?
Why?
From what (life, health, pension, P&C) to what?
Glad you did or not?
I'm particularly interested in comments from switchers on how late is too late to switch. That (and the whole thread) comes from the discussion at: http://ift.tt/1q1Qqgk
Any other general comments on switching are welcome.
My experience:
I started in consulting a long time ago. Didn't really "get it" - I was more of a math major who stumbled into actuarial without really having any idea why actuarial work was valued or useful, so I was very "oh, you want me to run that program, so I'll run that program". Position wasn't really going anywhere (not solely because of my own cluelessness), so I was looking for something else; and since I was only a year into my career, I sent my resume pretty broadly. While I had offers in the same track as I was in, I ultimately took one that involved a switch. While it put me back a few exams, I didn't take a salary hit; the offers were all comparable, regardless of track.
I'll probably bump this next week so it gets seen, but feel free to comment now anyway.
Did you switch tracks? Please post here.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire