T1 is exponential with mean 1, T2 is exponential with mean 2, T3 is exponential with mean 3.
First of all, I set up the pdf's and determined that T3 is the minimum and T1 is the maximum (at least I think so)
The actual questions are:
What is the expected value of the minimum? And what is the expected value of the maximum?
So would the first answer be 3 and the second answer be 1? I'm a little bothered that the mean of the minimum value is higher. Do I have this backwards?
First of all, I set up the pdf's and determined that T3 is the minimum and T1 is the maximum (at least I think so)
The actual questions are:
What is the expected value of the minimum? And what is the expected value of the maximum?
So would the first answer be 3 and the second answer be 1? I'm a little bothered that the mean of the minimum value is higher. Do I have this backwards?
not sure if this problem is as easy as it looks
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire