This seems like an appropriate forum for discussing the quality of SOA exams. From my experience in the life & annuities track, the exams seem to be very relevant, cover a lot of ground, include readings with a broad set of viewpoints, and incorporate good learning principles. However, it's hard to know the full story just by reading exam syllabi. Also, I can't comment on the value of FCAS exams vs. the SOA general insurance track, which is currently a hot topic.
I do have some information on the life finance & valuation exam which casts some doubt on the quality of SOA exams. By itself, it might be considered embarrassing but unimportant. However, if it were combined with other anecdotal evidence, the analysis might change. I've posted the information in the following threads:
http://ift.tt/1yoew3Y
http://ift.tt/1yoewkg
I do have some information on the life finance & valuation exam which casts some doubt on the quality of SOA exams. By itself, it might be considered embarrassing but unimportant. However, if it were combined with other anecdotal evidence, the analysis might change. I've posted the information in the following threads:
http://ift.tt/1yoew3Y
http://ift.tt/1yoewkg
Quality of SOA Exams
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire