So I am a junior double majoring in statistics and economics. I am seriously considering switching to a major in actuarial science; however, it would be an incredibly difficult change to implement for a number of reasons, so it would be much easier to stick to my current majors.
With the Stat/Econ combo, besides intermediate micro and macroeconomic theory, none of my economics classes will be specifically useful to actuarial science. My stat classes will cover statistical data management, SAS/R programming, methods of applied statistics, applied regression and design, etc., on top of the year long probability and statistics sequence. However, I will have absolutely no time to take finance and accounting courses. At most, I'll be able to take a math class titled "Theory of Interest" which would help with the F/M exam. So I'll be prepared for 1/P and F/M.
However, the actuarial science major will cover plenty of finance and accounting courses, in addition to specific actuarial modeling and other types of courses after the statistics sequence. The classes in the major cover material in five different exams. My school is also well known for its Actuarial Science program.
Does anyone have any insight on what I should do? Thanks.
With the Stat/Econ combo, besides intermediate micro and macroeconomic theory, none of my economics classes will be specifically useful to actuarial science. My stat classes will cover statistical data management, SAS/R programming, methods of applied statistics, applied regression and design, etc., on top of the year long probability and statistics sequence. However, I will have absolutely no time to take finance and accounting courses. At most, I'll be able to take a math class titled "Theory of Interest" which would help with the F/M exam. So I'll be prepared for 1/P and F/M.
However, the actuarial science major will cover plenty of finance and accounting courses, in addition to specific actuarial modeling and other types of courses after the statistics sequence. The classes in the major cover material in five different exams. My school is also well known for its Actuarial Science program.
Does anyone have any insight on what I should do? Thanks.
Stick with Stats/Econ or switch to Actuarial Science?
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire