So I have a friend who is a freshman in college and is considering switching her major to Actuarial Science. From what she's told me, I think she'd be very well suited for the job (loves math, works well independently, good problem solver). But apparently a lot of her family and friends are telling her that she's too much of a people person and would be bored by the job.
I would definitely consider myself a people person and I'm a huge extrovert, and I don't feel like that makes me hate my job at all. And many of my coworkers are very personable (although, I have seen my fair share of stereotypical actuaries). I've been bored by my work before, but never because I didn't feel like I was interacting with people enough.
So what would you say to someone like this? I've given her my thoughts, but I'd like her to hear from other actuaries. Can a people person be a successful actuary, or do you think the stereotypes are true?
I would definitely consider myself a people person and I'm a huge extrovert, and I don't feel like that makes me hate my job at all. And many of my coworkers are very personable (although, I have seen my fair share of stereotypical actuaries). I've been bored by my work before, but never because I didn't feel like I was interacting with people enough.
So what would you say to someone like this? I've given her my thoughts, but I'd like her to hear from other actuaries. Can a people person be a successful actuary, or do you think the stereotypes are true?
Can a "people person" enjoy being an actuary?
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire