I'm about six feet tall with really short arms and short legs. My wingspan is around 5'3" and my legs are 29" long. This makes deadlifting challenging, I basically have to get into a full squat position in order to keep from bending over too much at the hips and using my legs primarily to get the weight off the ground.
To make the pull easier I place the plates on blocks, raising it 4-6" off the ground. I then can think more about hinging and unhinging my hips in order to lift the weight. Does anyone see any problems with this approach? Should I just suck it up and learn the lift from that full squat position? I'm not moving any big weight yet 185 - 5x5, so now's the time for me to nail down my form.
To make the pull easier I place the plates on blocks, raising it 4-6" off the ground. I then can think more about hinging and unhinging my hips in order to lift the weight. Does anyone see any problems with this approach? Should I just suck it up and learn the lift from that full squat position? I'm not moving any big weight yet 185 - 5x5, so now's the time for me to nail down my form.
Deadlift with short arms and a long torso
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire