I had five onsite interviews in the last few months. I was surprised by the number of non-native English speakers from entry to director level positions in some of the actuarial departments I visited.
In particular, over half of the actuaries in one of the offices I visited were Chinese. They spoke to each other in Chinese. The office smelled like Chinese food during lunchtime. They don't typically share the same interests (sports, music, movies, etc) as their American colleagues. But they do work hard and are capable of getting their work done.
I don't have anything against any particular race, but I'd like to know how they're perceived in coporate environment. How well do they usually fit in? Do you mind if they take up over half the population in your office? What do you think?
In particular, over half of the actuaries in one of the offices I visited were Chinese. They spoke to each other in Chinese. The office smelled like Chinese food during lunchtime. They don't typically share the same interests (sports, music, movies, etc) as their American colleagues. But they do work hard and are capable of getting their work done.
I don't have anything against any particular race, but I'd like to know how they're perceived in coporate environment. How well do they usually fit in? Do you mind if they take up over half the population in your office? What do you think?
How well do foreigners fit in?
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire