Physics: undergrad intro to nuclear forces?

mardi 16 décembre 2014

I just realized that in undergrad physics we mostly focused on two fundamental forces (gravitational, electromagnetic) and I know virtually nothing about the two nuclear ones. Seems odd that I don't remember any equations involving the strong/weak forces.



We had a brief intro to the Standard Model, a bunch of decays, which were both reminiscent of chemistry at least at the naive level (table of elements, reaction equations). We also dedicated a lot of time to quantum physics (lots of stuff with photons, which I think is electromagnetism).



I looked through the course catalog of a couple of unis, and nuclear physics doesn't really begin until the graduate level. I don't want to be a physicist, but I'd like to learn about the other two fundamental forces. Is there an accessible textbook that covers these? Is nuclear physics closely tied to particle physics, or are they separate subjects?





Physics: undergrad intro to nuclear forces?

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor