References

mardi 9 décembre 2014

I'm in the process of looking to do a job switch (across industries, commercial realty --> actuarial role) and I'm waiting to hear back from a company to see if I made it into the final round of interviewing. Tomorrow marks one week since I've heard from the HR rep with whom I had my phone screening.



I plan on emailing the HR rep to just see how the selection process is coming along. I also plan on attaching references. Here comes my issue. I do not want to list my current manager/director in case that jeopardizes my current job retention in the event that I do not get the job to which I'm applying. I also do not want to list my previous employer because my managers were idiots. I got along with them fine, they were just literally dumb and don't have the slightest idea what an actuary does (they didn't even know what one was until I worked there). Not only that, but employee retention at that job was terrible for them and I would be surprised if they remembered me well enough to give anything credible to the HR rep.



My questions to you:



A. Does it give red flags if I don't give my current manager as a reference?

B. Does it give red flags if I don't give my previous manager as a reference?



I plan on giving three references to her. They are three coworkers whom I consider to be "superiors" at my current job, but not necessarily managers. They will definitely be contacted when my review comes up on the 1st if that puts it into perspective.



Thanks for any insight. Much love.





References

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor