Hello,
I am seeking a permanent actuarial job within the U.S. and have been working full-time as a temporary worker. The work is pretty seasonal. During busy seasons like now, I really have little time for any on-site interview with a flight. I applied for many jobs but only a couple of companies would like to offer 56k or above, so I have not got any on-site yet. The couple of companies have not started second round phone interviews due to openings were just posted last week.
I do not have such a flight interview now, but I may have one in the future and need to plan ahead. Temporary workers do not get paid time off even sickness, so I need to carefully design my schedule if on-site interviews exist.
I also consider the current role if it can be converted to a permanent position (also offer 56k or much more). However there must be a permanent P&C or health, entry-level worker leaves his or her position, and then temporary workers can apply for the vacancy and so far no such position exists.
Back to the topic, if you get an on-site interview that requires flight or long-distance travel and do not have any paid time off, how would you manage your time to go for a flight interview?
What things do you need to bring to the on-site interview except resume, summary of technical work, suit, etc?
From what I have searched, flight interview will take up to two days usually dependent on distance. Especially during busy seasons like now, you are expected to work full-time every day so it's tough to get entire two days off.
Squeeze 40 hours of work into three days maybe tough, but do 80 hours of work in eight days should not be a problem to me at all after my Excel and SAS proficiency got improved.
Thanks for any comment.
I am seeking a permanent actuarial job within the U.S. and have been working full-time as a temporary worker. The work is pretty seasonal. During busy seasons like now, I really have little time for any on-site interview with a flight. I applied for many jobs but only a couple of companies would like to offer 56k or above, so I have not got any on-site yet. The couple of companies have not started second round phone interviews due to openings were just posted last week.
I do not have such a flight interview now, but I may have one in the future and need to plan ahead. Temporary workers do not get paid time off even sickness, so I need to carefully design my schedule if on-site interviews exist.
I also consider the current role if it can be converted to a permanent position (also offer 56k or much more). However there must be a permanent P&C or health, entry-level worker leaves his or her position, and then temporary workers can apply for the vacancy and so far no such position exists.
Back to the topic, if you get an on-site interview that requires flight or long-distance travel and do not have any paid time off, how would you manage your time to go for a flight interview?
What things do you need to bring to the on-site interview except resume, summary of technical work, suit, etc?
From what I have searched, flight interview will take up to two days usually dependent on distance. Especially during busy seasons like now, you are expected to work full-time every day so it's tough to get entire two days off.
Squeeze 40 hours of work into three days maybe tough, but do 80 hours of work in eight days should not be a problem to me at all after my Excel and SAS proficiency got improved.
Thanks for any comment.
What to prepare for an on-site interview with a flight?
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire