Having test paid for vs doing related work. Need advice.

jeudi 5 mars 2015

So I work for an insurance company but am only an analyst(non-actuarial) as of now. There is an actuarial position open in my department right now and I'm contemplating whether I should apply for it or not. Right now I do savings/cost projections and actuals tracking. Technologically, if I had to break out what I do it would be SAS:5 hours/day Excel:2 hr/d and PL/SQL 1 hr/d. I use pretty advanced coding/functions in each. I'm hopefully about to pass MFE next Saturday so I'll have 3 tests passed. If I were to get into this actuarial position I would have my remaining tests paid for but really wouldn't be doing a whole lot of actuarial work because not a lot flows through our department and I would be locked into the position for a couple of years. So my question, should I apply for that position to have my tests paid for,gain the title and lose out on actuarial experience or stay where I'm at and wait 6 months to see what else opens up?





Having test paid for vs doing related work. Need advice.

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor