It's a new mobile game from Zeptolab, makers of Cut The Rope, and I think it's got a great premise.
You objective is to amass a bunch of gold and gems. You are given a small level and you choose where to put the entrance, where to keep your treasure chest and where to place various types of obstacles. You try to make your level as challenging to clear as you can, but you are limited by your own skill, because in order to lock in a particular level design, you must be able to successfully clear it twice in a row.
Once you set up your level, other players come in to steal your stuff, and how much stuff they take depends on how much health they lost to your obstacles. But you also get to try to steal stuff from other players by trying their levels. It's like competitive Super Mario Brothers.
So far I think it's a lot of fun, although I worry that it will eventually become "solved" as players share online and find the most difficult possible levels which can only be beaten by some kind of glitch or insane luck. Since you get unlimited tries to clear your own level twice in a row, someone with enough patience can clear a near-impossible level.
The biggest thing I don't like about it are the limited controls. Your character always runs at the same speed and all you can do it tap the screen to make him jump. He can't change direction until he hits a wall and you jump off it. I guess this plays into the design and can set up some really challenging levels, but to me it reduces the level of skill.
Overall, after only two days I find myself thinking about the game a lot, but not over-obsessing because it has the usual free to play model where you can only play a few levels at a time before you run out of resources and to keep playing you can wait for more or pay for more. So find myself playing for five minutes at a time sporadically throughout the day.
You objective is to amass a bunch of gold and gems. You are given a small level and you choose where to put the entrance, where to keep your treasure chest and where to place various types of obstacles. You try to make your level as challenging to clear as you can, but you are limited by your own skill, because in order to lock in a particular level design, you must be able to successfully clear it twice in a row.
Once you set up your level, other players come in to steal your stuff, and how much stuff they take depends on how much health they lost to your obstacles. But you also get to try to steal stuff from other players by trying their levels. It's like competitive Super Mario Brothers.
So far I think it's a lot of fun, although I worry that it will eventually become "solved" as players share online and find the most difficult possible levels which can only be beaten by some kind of glitch or insane luck. Since you get unlimited tries to clear your own level twice in a row, someone with enough patience can clear a near-impossible level.
The biggest thing I don't like about it are the limited controls. Your character always runs at the same speed and all you can do it tap the screen to make him jump. He can't change direction until he hits a wall and you jump off it. I guess this plays into the design and can set up some really challenging levels, but to me it reduces the level of skill.
Overall, after only two days I find myself thinking about the game a lot, but not over-obsessing because it has the usual free to play model where you can only play a few levels at a time before you run out of resources and to keep playing you can wait for more or pay for more. So find myself playing for five minutes at a time sporadically throughout the day.
King of Thieves
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire