So I have spent the last 5 years working for a non-traditional actuarial employer. The pay is very competitive putting me around the upper limit on the DWS salary survey (10 years experience) along with a high opportunity to move up further. My issue is that my company is not a very good place to work. They have had large employment cuts recently and they are so focused on the bottom line that it just has sucked the life out of the office.
I think that I am having an early mid life crisis. I am so tired of working for publicly traded companies where you have to grow profits double digits every year or else it is a failure. Customer satisfaction only matters to the extent that it causes them to leave.
I recently got an interview with a non-profit organization in the heatlhcare space.The issue is that the position pays about $50K less in total compensation. Taking less won't result in a change to my lifestyle but it will set me back in terms of future flexibility.
So I am wondering if anyone has ever been in a similar situation and can provide feedback then I would appreciate it.
TL/DR - I am dissatisfied with higher paying job. Anyone have experience with taking a good size pay cut to do work that you think might be more fulfilling?
I think that I am having an early mid life crisis. I am so tired of working for publicly traded companies where you have to grow profits double digits every year or else it is a failure. Customer satisfaction only matters to the extent that it causes them to leave.
I recently got an interview with a non-profit organization in the heatlhcare space.The issue is that the position pays about $50K less in total compensation. Taking less won't result in a change to my lifestyle but it will set me back in terms of future flexibility.
So I am wondering if anyone has ever been in a similar situation and can provide feedback then I would appreciate it.
TL/DR - I am dissatisfied with higher paying job. Anyone have experience with taking a good size pay cut to do work that you think might be more fulfilling?
Taking a lower paying job
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire