She came down to our house and our Yorkie started barking at her then running away, then barking at her again (our Yorkie is really scared of German Shepards- he got bit by our old landlord's German Shepard when he was a puppy) I came outside to see what was going on, and next thing I know the German Shepard has our Yorkie's head in his mouth... :crying:
My husband hit the German Shepard over the head with a shovel, which got the dog off of him- and he was able to pick up our dog and carry him in the house. I grabbed the cat, who had followed me outside and was ready to go after the German Shepard (our cat is really aggressive to other dogs... and was probably ticked his brother was getting beat up)
Our dog seems to be OK... he is pretty shaken up, his ear somehow got pierced, one side of his neck got a small puncture, and the bottom of his neck got a two inch gash- it isn't gushing blood, but it is really bothering him. He stuck his head through the doggie door because the other neighbor's dog came down for a visit a few hours later and he started yiping. (Which he NEVER does... he's pretty tough for a little guy) He also tried to roll in snow when I took him outside, which ended up with him running towards the house with his tail between his legs.
We trimmed the hair around it, put neosporin on it and wrapped it with gauze... covering it up seemed to make it feel better for him. I think I'm going to call the vet tomorrow to try to put him on an antibiotic (and possibly stitches? It doesn't seem deep, which is surprising for a dog bite... but it is pretty wide)
Any other advice? Anyone have a similar experience?! Do I send the vet bill to the neighbor? I actually have never talked to these people... they are the only neighbors on our road I don't know. They came down and asked if our dog was ok immediately after it happened, and we told them he was fine because we hadn't seen the gash yet. (he has black curly fur around his neck- it was kind of disguised- we only realized it like an hour after)
My husband hit the German Shepard over the head with a shovel, which got the dog off of him- and he was able to pick up our dog and carry him in the house. I grabbed the cat, who had followed me outside and was ready to go after the German Shepard (our cat is really aggressive to other dogs... and was probably ticked his brother was getting beat up)
Our dog seems to be OK... he is pretty shaken up, his ear somehow got pierced, one side of his neck got a small puncture, and the bottom of his neck got a two inch gash- it isn't gushing blood, but it is really bothering him. He stuck his head through the doggie door because the other neighbor's dog came down for a visit a few hours later and he started yiping. (Which he NEVER does... he's pretty tough for a little guy) He also tried to roll in snow when I took him outside, which ended up with him running towards the house with his tail between his legs.
We trimmed the hair around it, put neosporin on it and wrapped it with gauze... covering it up seemed to make it feel better for him. I think I'm going to call the vet tomorrow to try to put him on an antibiotic (and possibly stitches? It doesn't seem deep, which is surprising for a dog bite... but it is pretty wide)
Any other advice? Anyone have a similar experience?! Do I send the vet bill to the neighbor? I actually have never talked to these people... they are the only neighbors on our road I don't know. They came down and asked if our dog was ok immediately after it happened, and we told them he was fine because we hadn't seen the gash yet. (he has black curly fur around his neck- it was kind of disguised- we only realized it like an hour after)
The neighbor's German Shepard bit our Yorkie
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire