This came up in political and I figured it would be better to bring it up here. Can we get some clarification?
Is the r-word usable in any instance, or is it only banned when used as a perjorative or in reference to a person or group of people?
For what it's worth, I think the term has been rendered sophomoric from overuse in elementary/middle schools so I avoid it. On the other hand I have no qualms (and have received no punishment) from referring to things, and some non-AO people (like politicians) as moronic, imbecilic, asinine, stupid, idiotic, dumb, etc.
Thanks in advance for clarification and resolution.
Is the r-word usable in any instance, or is it only banned when used as a perjorative or in reference to a person or group of people?
For what it's worth, I think the term has been rendered sophomoric from overuse in elementary/middle schools so I avoid it. On the other hand I have no qualms (and have received no punishment) from referring to things, and some non-AO people (like politicians) as moronic, imbecilic, asinine, stupid, idiotic, dumb, etc.
Thanks in advance for clarification and resolution.
The "R-Word"
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire