Another EL Thread, Hooray

mercredi 12 novembre 2014

I've seen an influx of noob/EL posts on here, so I figured I'd add to the bunch. Here's my story:



I graduated May 2013 with an AS degree from a private school which is fairly well-known for its AS program; I had two exams passed (P early 2012, FM late 2012). It was around this time that a family friend introduced me to the commercial real estate industry. He talked it up and told me how great it was being a broker, how much money you can make, the whole ball of wax. I fell for it.



I pursued a position which most CRE brokers start out as to get introduced to the industry - a "research analyst" at a large commercial realty firm. I work primarily in Excel and I've got a fair amount of somewhat relevant actuarial experience (I self-teach myself how to program in VBA when I have down time). After spending about nine months in this position, I've realized that I want to get back into the actuarial field. I am taking MFE again in March.



My question for you guys - is this going to look terrible on my resume? I feel like it gives off the vibe that I didn't want to go through with the exam process. Should I maybe wait until March when (if) I pass MFE to apply for jobs - to prove to them I still have the cognitive ability to pass the exams, despite being a year and some out of the game?



If this influences your decision in any way - I have two things heavily against my favor: a bad GPA (3.13) and no actuarial internship. The summers of college, I went home to help out with my family-run construction business (a piss-poor excuse, but an excuse nonetheless).



Thanks for any advice/criticism. Toodles.





Another EL Thread, Hooray

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor