I'm an ASA working for a Pension Consulting Firm in San Francisco, making about the 50th percentile for pension actuaries with my exams/experience (based on DW Simpson). I have an offer from a national Health Insurer for a similar level position in Denver that pays about the same salary, which is in the 40th-50th percentile for health actuaries with my exams/experience (assuming we count my pension experience as health experience). To reiterate, Pension vs. Health, Identical Salary, SF vs Denver.
I'm a bit reluctant to take the position, and need to hear some thoughts from others, whether you've been in a similar position or not. Those of you in Pensions Consulting, would you do it? Those of you in Health Insurance, do you like it? etc.
Thanks.
I'm a bit reluctant to take the position, and need to hear some thoughts from others, whether you've been in a similar position or not. Those of you in Pensions Consulting, would you do it? Those of you in Health Insurance, do you like it? etc.
Thanks.
Career switcher in need of advice, Pension Consulting to Health Insurance
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire