Just a little emotional vent:
At some point, you (and by "you", I mean me) have to stop "helping" certain people.
Some people make crappy life choices. And no matter what you do, they will continue to make crappy life choices. Financial assistance is futile. Advice is ignored at best and met with hostility at worst. You're not helping them improve their situation. You're only "helping" them get to a point where they can (and they will, because they inevitably do) make yet another crappy life choice.
Saying no to "helping" anymore is the easy part though.
The hard part is not punching them in the face when they again complain about crap in their lives that they continually blame on other people and bemoan that they just can't catch a break.
I struggle with the latter. I'm trying to improve. I copied someone else's post on a somewhat related topic a while back. I wonder if I can find it ...
At some point, you (and by "you", I mean me) have to stop "helping" certain people.
Some people make crappy life choices. And no matter what you do, they will continue to make crappy life choices. Financial assistance is futile. Advice is ignored at best and met with hostility at worst. You're not helping them improve their situation. You're only "helping" them get to a point where they can (and they will, because they inevitably do) make yet another crappy life choice.
Saying no to "helping" anymore is the easy part though.
The hard part is not punching them in the face when they again complain about crap in their lives that they continually blame on other people and bemoan that they just can't catch a break.
I struggle with the latter. I'm trying to improve. I copied someone else's post on a somewhat related topic a while back. I wonder if I can find it ...
Helping vs enabling
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire