im currently a senior in high school, and i turned in almost all my applications. I applied as an electrical engineering major however. I really wasn't too fond of the field, but my parents kinda influenced me to choose it. Plus im good at math and pretty good at science, so i thought ill be fine in engineering.
In school, I like math a lot more than science, but at the same time im not great at math,,, just good. I got a 780 SAT math 2 score and I got an A- in precalc honors. Im currently taking calc 1 in a community college (Im doing dual enrollment) and have the highest grade in the class; however the reason being might be that I already learned a huge chunk of Calc 1 in precalc and my teacher really isnt considered to be hard (some people consider him to be on the easier side), and plus its community college so classes are easier and competition isnt really that high. The reason Im looking into actuarial science is because I am also taking a macoecon class at community college and am doing really well in that too; infact im going to be an economics tutor next quarter.
I have not taken statistics yet, but I tend to like math in general, so im assuming Ill like statistic. Ill take a statistics class in the spring quarter.
My math grades in high school are as follows:
Geometry Enriched: A both semester (pretty easy class)
Alebgra 2/Trig: B both semester (really difficult class, the teacher is a retired engineer, and only like 3 people got A's,,, i tried really hard and got low 90's and high 80's on the first 3 tests, but i slowly started giving up and resorted to getting low B's and high C's for the rest of the year. I know that I cant give up in college, and I would say that I learned my lesson that year)
Precalculus Honors: A-'s both semeters,,, id say about 20-25 percent of the class got above 90's so im not that special. I do however live in the silicon valley, where everyone parents is in the IT/engineering fields, so i guess a lot of people are good at math and science where I live.
SAT math level 2 score: 780 (took it once, and i know lots of people get 800)
SAT 1 math score: 740 (silly mistakes)
Calc 1 in community college: prolly around 95.
So my question is, based on my stats and math background, is actuarial science a good fit for me? im thinking of changing my major in college to statistics with a minor in economics.
Also, I see that there are a bunch of different paths to becoming an actuary. Whats the difference between SOA and CAS, and what are FCAS, ACAS, FSA, and ASA?
Thank you so much for the help. I'm still a bit lost on my college prospects, so im seeking for advice on a bunch of different forums.
In school, I like math a lot more than science, but at the same time im not great at math,,, just good. I got a 780 SAT math 2 score and I got an A- in precalc honors. Im currently taking calc 1 in a community college (Im doing dual enrollment) and have the highest grade in the class; however the reason being might be that I already learned a huge chunk of Calc 1 in precalc and my teacher really isnt considered to be hard (some people consider him to be on the easier side), and plus its community college so classes are easier and competition isnt really that high. The reason Im looking into actuarial science is because I am also taking a macoecon class at community college and am doing really well in that too; infact im going to be an economics tutor next quarter.
I have not taken statistics yet, but I tend to like math in general, so im assuming Ill like statistic. Ill take a statistics class in the spring quarter.
My math grades in high school are as follows:
Geometry Enriched: A both semester (pretty easy class)
Alebgra 2/Trig: B both semester (really difficult class, the teacher is a retired engineer, and only like 3 people got A's,,, i tried really hard and got low 90's and high 80's on the first 3 tests, but i slowly started giving up and resorted to getting low B's and high C's for the rest of the year. I know that I cant give up in college, and I would say that I learned my lesson that year)
Precalculus Honors: A-'s both semeters,,, id say about 20-25 percent of the class got above 90's so im not that special. I do however live in the silicon valley, where everyone parents is in the IT/engineering fields, so i guess a lot of people are good at math and science where I live.
SAT math level 2 score: 780 (took it once, and i know lots of people get 800)
SAT 1 math score: 740 (silly mistakes)
Calc 1 in community college: prolly around 95.
So my question is, based on my stats and math background, is actuarial science a good fit for me? im thinking of changing my major in college to statistics with a minor in economics.
Also, I see that there are a bunch of different paths to becoming an actuary. Whats the difference between SOA and CAS, and what are FCAS, ACAS, FSA, and ASA?
Thank you so much for the help. I'm still a bit lost on my college prospects, so im seeking for advice on a bunch of different forums.
Is Actuarial Sciences for me? (high schooler)
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire