You know the ones, the set-it-and-forget-it funds. They start with a fund allocation heavy on equities, light on fixed income, and then over time change the allocation so that you have the :qunq:appropriate risk profile:qunq: at every stage as you near retirement.
As a passive investor, I don't hate the idea of them but I wonder if I can't do roughly the same thing by periodically checking my overall investment allocation and adjusting my portfolio from time to time. Especially if you can do that with ETFs and save a crapton on IMFs.
Am I missing something?
As a passive investor, I don't hate the idea of them but I wonder if I can't do roughly the same thing by periodically checking my overall investment allocation and adjusting my portfolio from time to time. Especially if you can do that with ETFs and save a crapton on IMFs.
Am I missing something?
Target date mutual funds - good idea or stupid?
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire