Questions of an Aspiring Actuary

dimanche 15 mars 2015

Hello everyone. I just had a couple of questions regarding Actuarial Science as a possible future for me and I was hoping you could answer them for me.



To give a brief background on me, I'm finishing up high school and going into we UW the next fall. I enjoy math and am decent at calculus, but I don't have a natural math talent in me. I came across AS, and it interested me by both topic and prospects.



So, my questions are:

-An actuary has to be REALLY good at math. How good is good, and in what particular field?

-If I, say, study math exclusively 1-2 hours a day, would that get me up to high enough level to be on track for this?

-What are the best majors for AS? I've researched this and people say anything from math to economics to finance.



And as a side question, I hear people in the occupation tend to have little time for fun/social lives. Is this true?





Questions of an Aspiring Actuary

0 commentaires:

Enregistrer un commentaire

 

Lorem

Ipsum

Dolor